2020 SECURE Act Reference Guide
Download your copy of this 15-Page Reference Guide and learn the latest information on each provision, their effective dates, and planning considerations that you can incorporate when working with your clients and prospects.
The Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement Act (the “SECURE” Act) was signed into law on December 20, 2019, as part of the larger Further Appropriations Act of 2020.
The Act contains some of the most sweeping legislative changes affecting retirement plans and IRAs in over a decade, and many of the provisions have already gone into effect.
Covered in this Guide:
- Changes to Required Minimum Distribution age
- Changes to “stretch” distribution options for beneficiaries
- Disclosure regarding lifetime income
- Expansion of Section 529 plans
- Repeal of Max Age for Traditional IRA Contributions
- And more!